Fire Warden – Course Syllabus
Action Training & Consultancy Services Ltd are your Fire Warden Course Training Specialist covering Wigan, Warrington and the entire Northwest.
This course is designed for individuals who have been designated as a Fire Marshal or Fire Warden and will have specific duties towards fire prevention and evacuation. This course will also cover the nature and risks of fire at work and provides advice in fire safety, fire evacuation, and the theory and safe practical use of portable fire extinguishers. The course can be tailored for every type of workplace, including offices, factories, retail outlets, hospitals, residential care homes and schools.
The Objectives / Learning Outcome
On successful completion of the course candidates should be able to:
- Execute their duties as a Fire Warden / Marshall
- Understand the principles of combustion
- Understand the nature of the fire and how it spreads
- Understand Arson prevention
- Distinguish between different types of extinguishers and their correct applications
- Tackle small fires with confidence
- Evacuation procedures and the control of personnel
The Course will include sessions on:
- Fire Safety Legislation
- The Nature of Fire & Combustion Principles
- Fire Procedures
- Duties of Fire Warden / Marshall
- Classes of Fire & Types of Extinguishers
- The selection and use of fire extinguishers
- Practical exercise using various extinguishers (Location Permitting)
All students will receive a certificate upon successful completion of the course.
There is a maximum of 12 places available.
Validation of Certification: 1 year.
Course Duration: 3 hours.
Wherever possible Live – Fire practical fire extinguisher demonstrations will be carried outside following a suitable risk assessment therefore delegates are advised to bring suitable outdoor clothing and footwear.
With this training your fire wardens will have a greater awareness of the dangers of fire and have increased fire safety awareness.
Fire Safety practices will create a safer working environment.
Training can save life and property
Training will help in an emergency evacuation situation.
Did your Know?
We also run this course at our training centre in Warrington. You can book any course we run at our training centre online through our website. Click the button below to view all of our training centre courses.
Book This Course
You can book this course at your premises or a venue of your choosing, we can train a maximum of 12 of your staff per course. Please contact us by click the button below.