Terms and Conditions
SECTION 1 – BOOKINGS
- All contracts formed between Action Training & Consultancy Services Ltd and the client will be subject to our standard terms and conditions set out herein.
- All booking forms must have the tick box completed that you agree and have fully read and understood the terms and conditions; and where possible all booking forms must be signed and accompanied with a purchase order.
- You will be contacted in writing either via email or letter upon receipt of your booking form to confirm your order.
SECTION 2 – PAYMENTS
- Non credit account customers
If you place a booking, payment will be required in full at the time of booking if paying by card via the payment gateway or within 7 days of booking if an invoice is generated.
All course placements are non refundable but can be transferred in line with section 3.
- Credit account customers
Payment is due in full 7 days from the date of invoice, unless other agreements have been made in writing between Action Training & Consultancy Services and the Client.
All late payments over 7 days will be subject to “Late Payment of Commercial Debts Act 1998″(amended 2002), 8% + Bank of England base rate.
NON – PAYMENT
Failure to make any payment or contact with leave Action Training & Consultancy Services with no alternative other than to commence legal action for the recovery of the debt. Any court cost or fees will be added to the outstanding amount you owe. Alternatively the debt may be passed to an agency, which may involve a doorstep debt collector attending your property.
SECTION 3 -TRANSFERS
Should circumstances dictate that you need to change course dates the following will apply:
– No Fee over 4 weeks prior to the course. – 25% of the fees 2 and 4 weeks prior to the course. – 50% of the fees than two weeks prior to the course
All transfer requests must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and will become effective when received by Action Training & Consultancy Services Ltd, any payments already made for course placements will be carried forward to the requested course transfer date and a new invoice will be generated for transfer fees incurred.
Transfers are only permitted when transferring the original course to a later date within a three month period – i.e. if the client wishes to transfer a health & safety course to the same health & safety course at a later date this is permitted.
An example of a transfer not being permitted would be if the client wishes to transfer from a health & safety course to a first aid course at a later date.
The First Aid course the client is transferring to will need to be booked as a new contract with Action Training & Consultancy Services incurring the course fee applicable to the course chosen.
The transfer fee applies to the original course booked. This example is not exhaustive and the over-riding factor is that transfers are only permitted when transferring the original course to a later date.
SECTION 4 – CANCELLATIONS
All cancellations must be in writing to email@example.com and will become effective upon Action Training & Consultancy Services Ltd receiving them.
All open course placements are non refundable at the time of booking.
SECTION 5 – NON – ATTENDANCES
The full fee is payable.
SECTION 6 – UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES
Action Training & Consultancy Services Ltd reserves the right to alter the content, lectures, timing and venue of the course for reasons beyond the control of Action Training & Consultancy Services Ltd.
All courses run subject to demand and must reach the required minimum numbers for the course to be commercially viable.
Certificates will be issued upon receipt of payment and successful completion of the relevant course.
Where Action Training & Consultancy Services cancel a course we will offer a full refund or free transfer to the same course as was originally booked.
The client acknowledges that if a course is cancelled Action Training & Consultancy Services will not be responsible for the consequential loss or damages, and also the client acknowledges that they will not take any legal action against Action Training & Consultancy Services for any loss, damage, costs or expenses arising in connection with the cancellation of the contract.
SECTION 7 – GUIDELINES FOR STUDENTS AND EMPLOYERS
It is the employer’s and student’s responsibility to ensure that students are free from any condition which would affect their capability to undertake their chosen course, and that they have the aptitude to cope with a course of study. We welcome students with disabilities but it remains their employer’s and the student’s responsibility to ensure that they are appropriately supported in their workplace. Action Training & Consultancy Services should be notified in advance of any assistance that a student is likely to require for the duration of the course.
SECTION 8 – COURSE ENTRY REQUIRMENTS
All students and employers must be aware of any course entry requirements before the booking is made.
- To be eligible to attend a First Aid at Work two day re-qualification course, students must present a valid First Aid certificate issued by an approved provider which is “in date” on the last day of the re-qualification course.
- If a student arrives late or doesn’t attend any session which would result in the student not gaining sufficient knowledge or skill Action Training & Consultancy Services has the right to refuse the student access to the course and in all cases the full fee remains payable. In line with the accrediting/awarding body requirements, attendance at all sessions is mandatory
SECTION 9 – VAT
All course fees are subject to the current vat rate (valid exemptions only).