Manual Handling and Step Ladder Awareness for Schools – Course Syllabus
This combined Manual Handling and Step Ladder Awareness short course is designed as update course for Schools.
The course at Action Training and Consultancy Services Ltd is designed to help schools ensure that they and their employees are sufficiently updated in the Principles and Practices of Manual Handling and Safe use of Step Ladders.
Delegates will learn to select appropriate working equipment for a task, correctly locate and safely use ladders and stepladders, and inspect ladders and stepladders for damage.
Course Outline (Step Ladder)
- Overview of legislation & regulations
- Hazards in using ladders & stepladders
- Selection of appropriate work at height equipment
- Determination of when it is appropriate to use ladders or stepladders
- Standards and classifications
- Correct inspection techniques
- Storage, handling and maintenance
Course Outline (Manual Handling)
- Be able to define manual handling and explain the common causes of injury.
- Understand the legal responsibilities and the duties placed on employers and employees.
- Be able to recognise manual handling hazards.
- Understand the types of injury that can be caused by poor manual handling practice.
- Be able to undertake an effective manual handling risk assessment.
- Understand the control measures that can be put in place to reduce the risk of harm.
- Understand and practise the best way to handle loads to maintain a safe working environment.
Assessment & Certification
Each delegate will receive an attendance certificate in Manual Handling and Step Ladder Awareness Update for Schools.
Certificates are valid for 12 months.
Did your Know?
Action Training and Consultancy Ltd have been providing First Aid Courses, Health and Safety Courses and many other courses for over 25 years. Click below for more information.
Book This Course
You can book this course at your premises or a venue of your choosing, we can train a maximum of 12 of your staff per course. Please contact us by click the button below.