Emergency Paediatric First Aid – Course Syllabus
The objective of the qualification at Action Training is to benefit Learners by enabling them to attain the knowledge and practical competencies needed to deal with a range of first aid situations when looking after children.
The purpose of this qualification at Action Training is to prepare the Learner to develop the skills and knowledge needed to provide effective emergency first aid to children and babies.
This qualification at Action Training is for anyone who cares for children and babies; including parents, guardians, grandparents or people who have a professional involvement with children and babies.
Note – This qualification at Action Training does not fulfil Ofsted’s first aid requirements for early years teachers, nursery workers and child minders (as defined within the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage 2014 and within The Child Care Register guide).
The Emergency Paediatric First Aid skills and knowledge at Action Training will be taught and assessed in accordance with currently accepted first aid practice in the UK.
Baby CPR Child CPR Choking casualty Paediatric wounds, bleeding and shock Unconscious casualty Theory assessment/multiple choice question paper
Learners on the course with Action Training must be at least 14 years old on the first day of the training.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the Paediatric First Aider
- Be able to assess an emergency situation safely
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is unresponsive and breathing normally.
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally.
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who has a foreign body airway obstruction
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant and a child with external bleeding
- Understand how to provide first aid to an infant and a child who is suffering from shock.
- Understand how to provide first aid to an infant and a child with anaphylaxis
- Understand how to provide first aid to an infant and a child suffering a seizure.
Did your Know?
We also run this course at our training centre in Warrington. You can book any course we run at our training centre online through our website. Click the button below to view all of our training centre courses.
Book This Course
You can book this course at your premises or a venue of your choosing, we can train a maximum of 12 of your staff per course. Please contact us by click the button below.