Emergency First Aid at Work – Course Syllabus
This qualification introduces candidates to:
- When to call for help
- The responsibilities of a First Aider
- Undertake a primary survey
- The legal requirements for first aid provision
- The importance of assessing an incident
- The importance of accurate incident reporting
- First aid equipment and its safe use
- The need to minimise the risk of infection
There is a maximum of 12 places available.
Course Name: Emergency First Aid at Work
Course Times: 09.30 – 16.30.
Validation of Certification: 3 years.
Course Duration: 1 full day.
The training will cover the following topics:
- Roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- Management of first aid incidents
- Management of an unconscious casualty
- Management of a casualty who is choking
- Management of a casualty who is not breathing normally
- Management of a casualty who is in shock
- Management of a casualty who has a bleeding injury
To ensure a student can demonstrate competency, the assessment will be practical with oral questioning and a short multiple choice paper.
All students will receive a course book and certificates will be forwarded upon successful completion of the course.
There will be practical on the course so appropriate clothing will be needed. (i.e. you will be on the floor taking part in role play situations).
This course is designed for first aiders in lower-risk work environment.
You will be expected to take full part in all the practical during the course and assessment; not to take part in the practical may hinder your ability to be assessed.
Did your Know?
We also run this course at our training centre in Warrington. You can book any course we run at our training centre online through our website. Click the button below to view all of our training centre courses.
Book This Course
You can book this course at your premises or a venue of your choosing, we can train a maximum of 12 of your staff per course. Please contact us by click the button below.